The beginnings of the Country Club of Pittsfield date back to 1897 when a group of local men and women decided to become familiar with the game of golf. They rented land for the construction of a nine-hole course in a quadrangle bordered by Dawes Avenue, Holmes Road, William Street and Arlington Street. From the beginning, the Country Club of Pittsfield has been a “family club” and today supports and encourages golf, tennis and swimming programs for juniors. Also, from the beginning, the Club membership has been open to males and females alike.
639 South Street Pittsfield, MA 01201